POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Inclusion Advocacy SENB (IA SENB), a local Not-For-Profit, charitable association, dedicated to inclusive communities, protecting the rights and promoting the interests of individuals (from birth to seniors) with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in Southeast NB.
IA SENB is seeking a mature, responsible, organized and reliable student for the position of: Data, Material, and Storage Systems Organizer.
Maximum 12 weeks, 35 hrs/week, Wage 14.75/hr
Eligibility: This is a NB SEED Contract position
To be eligible for the SEED position, the candidate must be a (student), and must:
- be a resident of New Brunswick or a First Nation community in New Brunswick;
- be eligible to work in Canada;
- NOT be an immediate family member (spouse, children, parent, brother or sister) of the employer;
- be a high school student entering grade 10, 11 or 12 in September 2023; OR
- be a full-time grade 12, university or college student in the current academic year of 2022-2023 and be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the fall of 2023.
- Review storage organizational needs, research appropriate, storage/organizational options & recommend most viable option(s)
- In collaboration with the IA Data and Security Team, develop user & training guides, & present an in-service for use of the system & guide for IA staff.
- Set-up of data entry to the selected system & maintain orderly filing systems (digital/ hardcopy), & workspaces.
- Categorize, sort, (create digital copies & purge as required), label, file, & store, digital, hard copy & other physical materials & spaces.
- Schedule work effectively, create a detailed calendar of daily & weekly plan, account for emergencies & optimize resources.
- Effectively receive & share information within your workplace & communicate with team.
- Assess problems thoroughly & logically, identify the source, reach a reasonable conclusion, develop possible solutions based on that information. Provide concise & organized information to team members to help improve workplace efficiency.
- Some ‘manual lifting’ will be required.
- Meet work deadlines.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume and references to:
Please quote Position #SEED-Data-Storage
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualifications and Skills Needed
Skills: Exceptional organizational skills in digital, hard copy and other materials
Time management: including flexibility, allocating adequate time to tasks, balancing work needs, and meeting deadlines while delivering quality work.
Communication: effectively receive and share information, provide concise and organized information.
Delegation: list out prospective candidates, organize your tasks, and allocate them effectively for optimal results
Attention to detail: storage/organizational options data entry, the development of user and training guide, presentation of an in-service for use of the system and guide for IA staff.
Analytical thinking: reading, understanding, and interpreting involves assessing a problem thoroughly and logically, identifying the source, and developing possible solutions, and reaching a reasonable conclusion based on that information.
Decision making: assessing relevant factors, considering the implications, and making thought-out decisions. prioritizing tasks based on their relevance.