Federal Government Grant: (To be eligible for these positions candidates must be Canadian Citizens & between and 15 & 30 years old).
- anticipated start date May 23
- 35 hours per week for 12 weeks
- $12.75 per hour
Skills and Qualifications
- Program Management Skills
- Program Development Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Written Communication
- Record-keeping & reporting skills
- Plan, Organize
- Problem solving
- Team work and Independence
- Time Management
- Computer Knowledge and Skills
Responsibilities for this position include
- Support planning and coordination and implementation of a program and its activities
- Provide leadership in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the program.
- Communicate and engage effectively with diverse participants, and other community members in an appropriate, respectful and patient manner.
- Establish systems for administering, managing, and monitoring services and program outcomes
- Recruit, screen, orient, train, monitor and manage volunteers to provide the programs
- Work collaboratively with community partners to further participant’s independence
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Prepare and or order necessary materials
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Participate in knowledge transfer by participating in IA meetings and in the online community as appropriate.
- In collaboration with ED or designate create and update marketing materials (as necessary) and update information on the program for the IA website, Facebook and other as identified.
- Manage the program’s budget and monitor fees, donations and in-kind contributions
- Document and evaluate the progress of work through weekly reports to the Executive Director or designate.
- Complete all required funding applications and reports
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals, maintain related database and fulfill the ongoing reporting and documentation requirements.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
Education and Experience Requirements
- Studies in relevant discipline (e.g. social work, psychology, community development, adult education disability).
- Experience as program coordinator and facilitation or relevant position considered an asset
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, record keeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities desirable.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
Interested candidates need to apply with their cover letter and resume to