Community Outreach Coordinator
Federal Government Grant: (To be eligible for these positions candidates must be Canadian Citizens & between and 15 & 30 years old).
- anticipated start date May 30
- 35 hours per week for 12 weeks
- $12.75 per hour
Skills and Qualifications
- Public relations
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Management skills
- Databases, Public access sites,
- Primary research skills.
- Reporting, technical, and statistical skills.
- Budget management.
- Communication, interpersonal, skills
- Administrative duties
Responsibilities for this position include
- Oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies.
- Brainstorming potential partnerships or methods for engagement with the local community.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities and work closely with community partners to plan and execute various outreach events, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Representing and connecting IA with people in the broader community by creating sponsorship agreements and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate employees on community responsibility.
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- Oversee a professional donor management system.
- Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Organizing outreach events, including marketing, and planning, to promote the services of the organization and receive donations.
- Organizing media events, fundraising, and coordinating volunteer activities.
- Handling public relations, such as developing strategic relationships, attending and conducting informational presentations at education institutes, government, service and other community clubs/groups.
- Developing press releases, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Developing and maintaining the organization's website.
- Collecting and analyzing data on local demographics, developing results, and presenting the conclusions to ED or designate.
- Performing administrative duties, as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Studies and or experience in communications, marketing, business, journalism, public relations, social services, or related field.
- Preferred experience within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Strong knowledge of the community
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with institutional databases, public access sites, and research methods.
- Good technical, and statistical skills.
- Experience with budget management.
- Excellent communication,
- interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- Friendly, outgoing
Interested candidates need to apply with their cover letter and resume to