THIS POSITION HAD BEEN FILLED
Federal Government Grant: (To be eligible for these positions candidates must be Canadian Citizens & between and 15 & 30 years old).
- anticipated start date May 23
- 35 hours per week for 14 weeks
- $12.75 per hour
Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Time Management
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Attention to detail
- Reporting Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
Responsibilities for this position include
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answer phone calls, schedules meetings and support visitors.
- Receive and appropriately route messages, requests and other correspondence
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Establishing, implement and maintain, efficient organizational documentation and filing systems, internal management of hard copy records as well as electronic information
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Establish, and maintain efficient weekly, monthly and annual calendars.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Support team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- administrative assistant experience considered an asset
- experience with establishing and maintaining filing systems
- some supervisory experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of appropriate software including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, (Data Entry, Spreadsheet, and Accounting software)
Interested candidates need to apply with their cover letter and resume to